Tahini Stuffed Dates in Dark Chocolate
I must I was not a fan of dates until a year or so ago. I figured it was like eating prunes or something. Boy was I wrong!! What a way to satisfy a sweet tooth. This combination right here gives me life. Just promise me when you makes these that you don't eat the whole batch.
Benefits of dark chocolate:
- Very Nutritious.
- Powerful Source of Antioxidants.
- May Improve Blood Flow and Lower Blood Pressure.
- Raises HDL and Protects LDL From Oxidation.
- May Reduce Heart Disease Risk.
- May Protect Your Skin From the Sun.
- Could Improve Brain Function.
WHAT YOU NEED:
•1.7 oz. (50 g) chopped dark chocolate
•9 pitted Medjool dates, pitted
•3 tbsp tahini
•1 tbsp. desiccated coconut (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a water bath
Fill the dates with tahini and cover with the dark chocolate. Place on a chopping board covered with a sheet of baking paper and sprinkle with desiccated coconut (optional).
Finally, place the dates on the chopping board in the fridge for 10 mins to allow the chocolate to set, then remove and enjoy.